Monday, February 2, 2009

I'm not a Black Helicoptarian, I promise.

My cousin coined the term "Black Helicoptarian" sometime last year while we were discussing nutty conspiracy theorists (the idea being that conspiracy theorist was a bit too intelligent a term to describe people like, say, this). Anyway, I tend to go through cycles of news gathering, waxing through a daily perusal of democracynow.org and guardian.co.uk and, once I get totally depressed by real news, waning through nytimes.com and washingtonpost.com. So I'm waxing now (that sounds weird) and was catching up with some old Democracy Now! postings and happened upon this. I was staying relatively on top of this stuff back in 2004, but it was just too scary and depressing to continue to follow. Like I said, I'm not a Black Helicoptarian, and it's easy to dismiss this by saying it's all generated by a bunch of paranoid nutters, but after the whole election debacle in 2000 (and it was a mess no matter what you thought of the outcome), I have to give reports like this more credit.
FTA: "A top Republican internet strategist who was set to testify in a case alleging election tampering in 2004 in Ohio has died in a plane crash. Michael Connell was the chief IT consultant to Karl Rove and created websites for the Bush and McCain electoral campaigns. Michael Connell was deposed one day before the election this year by attorneys Cliff Arnebeck and Bob Fitrakis about his actions during the 2004 vote count in Ohio and his access to Karl Rove’s email files and how they went missing."

No comments:

Post a Comment